We are continuously innovating to offer customers the most sustainable solutions, without compromising on the safety and quality of our products. By applying life cycle thinking to existing products, we are proactively steering our product portfolios towards improved sustainability outcomes. Our responsibility stretches to the whole life cycle, from sourcing, transportation, manufacturing, through to customer use and end of life. Here are some examples of initatives we focus on in our journey towards a sustainable product portfolio.
Sustainability through optimal patient outcomes
Mölnlycke’s ‘Sustainable solutions’ are products that offer significant1 sustainability benefits over mainstream2 alternatives in the market, while providing the same or better functionality.
The sustainability benefits of Mölnlycke’s ‘Sustainable solutions’ can include one or more of the following:
- Lower GHG emissions and improved energy efficiency
- More efficient use of natural resources
- Lower waste
- Less packaging
- Improved inclusivity
- Improved health and wellbeing
We also assess if a given ‘Sustainable solution’ does not have adverse effects on any other criteria2.
1. A sustainability benefit underlying a ‘Sustainable solution’ is considered significant when a particular benefit demonstrates at least a 10% lower impact on the specific criteria. For example, Mölnlycke will consider a solution to be ‘Sustainable’ if it allows customers to achieve an improvement in one of the defined criteria by at least 10% while obtaining the same functionality as the alternative.
2. The portfolio framework description can be found on: https://www.wbcsd.org/Projects/Chemicals/Resources/Framework-for-portfolio-sustainability-assessments